BOptom (Hons) MCOptom
Optometrist and Director
- Member of The General Optical Council (GOC),
- Member of The College of Optometrists,
- Member of The Association of Optometrists (AOP),
- Registered Optometric Practitioner (NHS Lothian),
- Member of The Society for Coloured Lens Prescribers,
- Member of The Company of Merchants of The City of Edinburgh,
- Associate Member of The Royal Society of Medicine.
Brought up in Blackhall, Edinburgh, Anita developed an interest in Optometry whilst a pupil at The Mary Erskine School for Girls, and never ‘looked’ back! She migrated south of the border to train at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge, gaining a Bachelor of Optometry (Honours) in 2007 before returning to her Scottish roots to complete her post-graduate training in 2008, resulting in her conferment as a Member of The College of Optometrists. Having developed a keen interest whilst at University in Cambridge, she now has an established commitment to the specialism of Visual Stress. Due to her contributions to this field, Anita a member of The Society for Coloured Lens Prescribers.
Anita has always been a strong advocate of Independent Practice and the personalised care she endeavours to provide to all her patients; young and young-at-heart. Anita maintains a keen interest in the detection of eye diseases and in relating eye health with general health. Alongside work in the practice, she continues to enhance her clinical expertise through regular attendance at Optometry courses and conferences across the country, continuing her learning collaboratively with fellow colleagues and specialists to stay abreast of the latest developments in the fields of Optometry and Colorimetry.